This is officially the cold and flu season and many of us will do whatever it takes to avoid these dreaded infections. If you are an advocate of taking Vitamin C to stay healthy, swallowing a tablet is much healthier for your teeth than chewing a tablet. The chewable Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) can actually dissolve your teeth over time and on top of that, there may be 100 times more sugar than vitamin C in each tablet. So while your teeth are dissolving on the surface they are being eaten away from the inside by cavities! I would recommend swallowed Vitamin C tablets that have no artificial colors or flavors, washed down with a refreshing glass of water.